health change bulletin
Health Change Bulletin                                                                      January 5, 2017
  

New Research Findings: Narrow Network Impact on Premium Rates and ACA Marketplace

  Sponsor Message
Quote 
  "There are a lot of challenges if you go ahead and repeal, even with a transition, and don't provide signals to the health insurance market about what the industry is going to look like." 

 
- Jeanette Thornton, SVP, America's Health Insurance Plans
 
Factoid
 
  A survey conducted by the Advisory Board found that only 5% of survey participants anticipate being exempt from MACRA in 2017, the remaining 95% will be split between the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and Advanced Alternative Payment Model (APM) tracks. A large majority of respondents (70%) anticipate participating in MIPS, while the remaining 25% project they will fall into the APM category.

Source: Advisory Board, December, 2016
 
 
Research
  The Cost of Full Repeal of the Affordable Care Act
CRFB, January 4, 2017

Study links financial penalties to lower readmission rates
Fierce Healthcare, January 3, 2017
 
 
News 
  Senate Dems Ask GOP Leaders to Collaborate on ACA
Morning Consult, January 5, 2017

House GOP Plans to Send Obamacare Repeal to Oval Office in February
Morning Consult, January 4, 2017

CMS Clarifies Site-Neutral Medicare Reimbursement Exceptions
RevCycle Intelligence, January 4, 2017

Blue Cross Health Plans Expand Value-Based Care Reimbursement
HealthPayer Intelligence, January 4, 2017

How Blue Cross Health Plans Affect Anthem-Cigna Merger Lawsuit
HealthPayer Intelligence, January 3, 2017

Trump gathers hospital CEOs for veterans' healthcare discussion
Healthcare Finance News, December 29, 2016
 
 
Blogs
5 Things to Know About the Affordable Care Act
The Wall Street Journal, January 3, 2017

The Tragedy of Obamacare Is That We Will Never Know if It Would Have Worked
The Slate Group, December 30, 2016
 
Tweets
   
  GOP to defund Planned Parenthood in ObamaCare repeal
The Hill, https://twitter.com/thehill, January 5, 2017
 
    
HealthshareTV video
 

 
American Health Care Reform Act   American Health Care Reform Act

Blackburn Discusses American Health Care Reform Act.

 
Check out HealthshareTV, the home for health care videos     
 
Healthsprocket List 
 
  NYTimes: 3 Health Reforms Likely to Continue Past ACA Repeal

1. A focus on early intervention and community health
2. Alternative payment models
3. Continue reading here

Source: New York Times, January, 2017
 
      
 
  Follow Health Policy Publishing:   Readmissions News LinkedIn Group    mcol on twitter  
 
 
 
Health Change Bulletin, a publication of Health Policy Publishing LLC
1101 Standiford Avenue, Suite C-3, Modesto, CA 95350
2017, Health Policy Publishing LLC